As you will be aware, there is a lot happening with your Rotary Club over the next few weeks so I thought it might be helpful to outline the details and who is responsible for what.
Tuesday 29th November – Information Evening
An opportunity to invite friends and colleagues to an evening where they can ask questions about Rotary in a casual atmosphere and without commitment. AG Roland Bailie, President Gavin and President Elect James will be on hand to give some pointers and answer any questions.
- Royal Ulster Yacht Club
- 7:30pm. There is no cost for this evening.
- Contact Rotarian: James O’Fee
Wednesday 30th November – Social Evening
No lunch time meeting today. Instead we are having a social evening.
- Bangla Restaurant in Bangor from 6:30pm.
- Cost £15 per person (places are limited)
- Contact Rotarian: Gavin Walker
Wednesday 14th December – Christmas Dinner (AKA Ladies Night)
Our annual black tie bash is being held at Bangor Golf Club this year and I hope it will be as memorable an evening as usual.
- Bangor Golf Club
- Cost £20 per person
- Contact Rotarians: Richard Eaton & Bob Jellie
Monday 12th December – Sunday 18th December: Remembrance Tree
We are working with the Rotary Club of North Down on this ambitious project. Your help will be very much appreciated and money raised will support the RNLI: Children’s Hospice & Samaritans
- Tesco Bloomfields from 10am daily
- Rotarians are asked to commit to one three hour shift
- Contact Rotarians: Stanley Smith (Rota) or Robin Mussen (organiser)
No meetings on December 21 or December 27.
I know it’s busy – but I can promise you a quiet January!